July 22, 2024
Home » Students hospitalised after inhaling toxic vapour in Sri Lanka

Students hospitalised after inhaling toxic vapour in Sri Lanka

16

Dozens of Sri Lankan students at a school in a suburb of Colombo were hospitalised on Wednesday after exposure to a toxic vapour, the police said.

Dozens of Sri Lankan students at a school in a suburb of Colombo were hospitalised on Wednesday after exposure to a toxic vapour, the police said.


The students were sent to the preliminary care unit of the local hospital after they fainted.

The police said some discarded rubber products had been burned in an adjoining land, with heavy smoke filtering into several classrooms.

Teachers then rushed the children to the hospitals with the aid of medical staff.

The police said those hospitalised were stable, and they were searching for those who set fire to the discarded rubber products.

News Agencies

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *